About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 100 employees in our Bristol HQ and announced funding of more than $45 million. Our technology is already helping over 100 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
As VP of Engineering, you will report to the Chief Product Officer and be a key member of the senior leadership team. You will own the strategy for Immersive’s engineering department and set the technical direction of the 35+ strong Engineering team including Developers, Engineering Managers, Quality Assurance and IT Operations.
You will inspire and grow an outstanding team to create scalable, high quality and performant systems for our rapidly growing global customer base, playing an integral role in connecting technology capabilities to business goals.
You will be deeply excited and interested in evolving technologies and driven by how to apply these to solve complex challenges as the platform and business rapidly grow.
- Represent engineering and technology at senior levels
- Inspire, grow, develop and support an outstanding software engineering and IT Operations team
- Build, measure and inspire a culture of agility, innovation and quality
- Be a knowledgeable, inspirational and wise technology leader
- Define, drive and deliver the strategic technical direction across architecture, software engineering and IT operations
- Partner with Product leadership to deliver exceptional solutions
- Own, champion and drive the technology backlog
- Maintain and manage key technical risks including security, quality, scalability, performance, and stability
- Leadership & Management: Demonstrated excellence in leading and managing a 50+ person, high-performing, agile engineering organisation — including attracting, mentoring, inspiring, and driving excellent results from an exceptional engineering team. Experience of representing Engineering at the highest level inside an organisation, influencing strategy and delivering outcomes that drive the business forward.
- Technical Depth & Breadth: Previous experience with global cloud-hosted internet platforms, with strong understanding in technology ranging from infrastructure and operations to data architectures. Experience of modern web technologies, with rapid deploy, automated scaling, and high volume, high availability distributed systems. In depth experience of Engineering delivery at scale with a demonstrable track record of outstanding results.
- Business Understanding & Strategy: Strength in understanding how engineering goals tie to and influence overall company strategy and future vision. Experience in balancing resourcing trade-offs and many different considerations in technical and business decision-making in order to achieve those goals. Excellent skills in estimating, budgeting and planning.
What Immersive Labs offers:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, travel insurance, and more.
- 10% time to focus on things you want to learn about & develop
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times,
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask-making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When we return to the office getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10-minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and travel insurance.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/careers/
Level up cyber workforces around the world, apply now.