Our mission is to ‘help people save and invest with confidence’. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
Career Development Path: Specialising
Reporting to: UNIX Infrastructure Manager
At Hargreaves Lansdown, our Linux and UNIX based systems are the backbone of our mission critical client facing infrastructure. Due to the increasing demands we are now looking to increase the size of the team.
This role is suited to an individual who enjoys owning a problem but working with other teams to resolve it. This individual will be one who wants to automate and document everything. As well as the day-to-day project tasks you will be expected to take part in the on-call rota to provide out of hours support of IT systems.
The role will be a mixture of working on short and long term projects to deliver new client facing products. Core technologies used in the UNIX team include:
- Apache HTTPD;
The UNIX team also work with multiple on-premise and SaaS solutions and third party cloud providers.
- Responsible for building and deploying new project infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code methodology;
- Troubleshooting complex problems, finding root causes and putting long term fixes in place;
- Adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models;
- Implementation of system changes;
- Increase efficiency within the team through automation and process improvement;
- Working with architecture and project management teams to help design and deliver change to the business in relation to your area;
- Taking ownership for delivering projects on time;
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Extensive experience with ’ Linux Administration (Centos or Redhat);
- Solid understanding of virtualisation technologies e.g. VMware;
- System monitoring (e.g. Opsview / Nagios);
- Solid understanding of networking e.g. DHCP/DNS/NTP/TCP;
- Apache HTTPD;
- Extensive experience writing Puppet modules;
- Strong programming and scripting skills (bash, python, puppet);
- Ability to read and understand Java exceptions;
- Ability to analyse and problem solve;
- Ability to prioritise tickets and projects;
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Unix Systems across all tiers, under minimal supervision.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme – up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.