The Owner Experience Test Manager will be responsible for all functional and non-functional testing for all types of change (Project, Small Works, Fixes) in support of the projects across Dyson markets globally within the Digital/Owner Experience portfolio. This role is expected to support the creation of a world class QA practice including working with development teams to support the QA team’s strategy to implement Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and automated testing.
About the role
- The ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of the business and IT.
- Support the drive of an ‘automation first’ strategy across QA
- The ability to implement BDD/TDD/Continuous Testing in support of Agile/DevOps
- Experience of testing in Agile teams (Scrum and Kanban)
- Implement the governance and practice for non-functional testing (e.g. Performance and Security)
- Build a repeatable load testing strategy across the business application landscape and integrate with delivery and release process
- The management and development of permanent staff aligned to Dyson People Team standards and with the objective of building a world-class QA function
- Produce product and process quality reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends to the Head of QA
- Procure and contract 3rd party QA resource providers to develop flexibility and agility in QA supply to meet the needs of a fast paced and dynamic business
- Portfolio QA management across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house to meet project and BAU team commitments.
- Assurance of strong risk management and risk based testing including hands on direction at regular stand ups and team meetings.
- Management and forecast of QA capacity pipeline
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex projects and programmes
- Real-world experience of Test/QA in Web and Digital technologies.
- Experience managing testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes
- Experience in implementing BDD and automation
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring a team of QA test professionals
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.