Join a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive culture.
Help prepare businesses to counter the latest threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical secure applications.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are cyber skill experts. We equip, measure and benchmark the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats and transform the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and cyber threats.
Where we are now
James Hadley founded Immersive Labs in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 100 employees in our Bristol HQ and have recently announced series B funding of $40 million, led by Summit Partners and Goldman Sachs. Our technology is already helping over 100 enterprises, including KPMG, Grant Thornton, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
At Immersive Labs, we’ve just launched our latest offering – Secure Coding. This exciting new addition to our market-leading platform teaches developers how to write secure code. We are creating labs that take our users from the basics of writing a secure application avoiding the standard OWASP pitfalls through to building secure public cloud-hosted web apps.
The first set of secure coding labs are live and loved by our users, we are now looking for a Lead software engineer to drive this forward!
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop secure coding labs in multiple languages
- Lead a team of software developers specialising in various languages
- Understand the learning process for software developers to challenge and teach them through immersive labs
- Collaborate with the Go To Market team to maximise sales and marketing opportunities
- Be a visible figure at events to advocate the Immersive product
- Cooperate with the Product Team to ensure the platform supports the latest ideas and innovation
- Connect with the UX Lead to deliver an Immersive experience and continually improve the offering.
To be successful:
- Inclusive leadership of globally distributed software engineers in multiple languages
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of developing secure software
- Agile project management and contractual management skills
- Enthusiasm and drive to engage developers and unleash their potential.
What Immersive Labs offers:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, travel insurance, and more.
- Informal or formal flexible working options including flexible start and finish times, part-time, semi remote working
- Relocation assistance for you and your family to Bristol (voted one of the best places to live in the UK)
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and travel insurance.
- Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/careers/