Seccl is a custodian and investment technology company that powers firms at the cutting edge of financial advice and wealthtech.
On a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice, Seccl provides firms of all sizes with affordable custody, trading and settlement services, feature-rich investment management technology, and a suite of paperless adviser and client portals.
Financial advisers and investment managers can combine these modules to operate their own platform – helping them to take control of their client relationships, improve their customer experience and own more of the value chain.
Elsewhere, technology-first businesses from all sectors can use Seccl’s publicly documented APIs to get plug-and-play access to the financial markets – helping them to launch new investment propositions more quickly and affordably than ever before.
In 2019, Seccl was acquired by Octopus Group, the £10 billion group of companies that includes Octopus Investments, Octopus Energy and Octopus Ventures.
Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
We are looking for a enthusiastic and experienced to join our fantastic team and to help scale our Engineering function at an exciting time in our growth. You will do this by building strong Product teams by supporting their developers and processes. You will play a key role in the continued development of our strong, psychologically safe Engineering culture of continual learning, trust, empowerment and experimentation are at the heart. It is unlikely that you will be hands-on with code but you will need enough technical experience to contribute to technical discussions and be able to empathise with the technical team.
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’ll…
• Building and enabling great Product teams through personal development and line management of engineers.
• Ensuring we have the right technical skills in the team to tackle the challenges the business is solving.
• Recruiting and onboarding.
• Working closely with Product Managers and other key stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of value to our clients.
• Championing a culture of strong modern engineering, agile and quality practices such as automated testing and small, frequent deploys to production.
• Working with Head of Engineering and other senior stakeholders to deliver cross-team initiatives that contribute to our foundations for growth and success such as training, process – improvement, tech blogs.
• Contribute and develop appropriate KPIs and metrics that enable teams to continually improve.
You’ll be someone who
• loves to develop engineers and their teams and create an enabling environment for them to thrive.
• Is experienced at working with high performing engineering teams that deliver high quality value.
• Is collaborative and can see the bigger picture at a systems level as well as the detail.
• Is comfortable is a fast paced, ever changing and improving development environment.
• Can work with stakeholders across the breadth and depth of the business to influence change, enable or unblock issues.
• Has strong communication and leadership skills.
• Is a curious and continuous learner who develops themselves as well as others.
• Love to build great products with scale, security, resilience and a great customer experience.
How do we work?
We’re a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We’re based in the historic City of Bath, a stone’s throw from the train station. (Literally. You could hit it from our office.)
Our tech stack
We use Node.js with Typescript deployed on AWS Lambda, Mongo Atlas, and React on the front end.
Like what you see? Just send your CV to People@seccl.tech and one of our People Team will be in touch.