The IT Service Desk is the single point of contact for all IT requests and issues. You will be supporting all Hargreaves Lansdown colleagues and the wide range of applications used here, including a number of bespoke systems and SaaS products.
The IT Service Desk is made up of two teams, primarily you will be covering the Service Desk Incident team.
The Service Desk Incident Team are responsible for providing first line support for all issues and requests raised with IT. Following the incident management and request fulfilment processes, the Service Desk aims to resolve 60% of all calls logged and resolve 63% of these calls within an hour.
On occasion you may also be asked to cover the SD Access Team;
The Access Team are responsible for ensuring colleagues have the required access to all IT systems, seeking authorisation when required and creating and amending access. This team is also responsible for Starters, Leavers & Transfers as well as allocating software licenses. System access is key security control for safeguarding both HL and client data, meaning all processes are audited.
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will have exposure to a multitude of internal and SaaS systems and support tools including Active Directory & Exchange.
You will enjoy working in a dynamic, collaborative, professional environment and should have excellent customer service skills and broad knowledge of IT.
Be confident, friendly and approachable with good customer service skills and able to communicate with colleagues who have varying IT Knowledge.
Having an eye for detail and accuracy is essential.
- Manage access to all IT systems, follow audited procedures
- Maintain accurate records, informs colleagues about the process and advises relevant persons of actions taken via our ticket logging system, TOPdesk
- Processing incidents and service requests initiated by customers using either the Self-Service Portal, email, or telephone.
- Responsible for the prompt triage of new incident and service request tickets which are logged with IT; categorising, prioritising and assigning, within agreed timescales.
- Provide quality IT support to all Hargreaves Lansdown employees
- Methodically respond to day-by-day operational needs and react to them, avoiding service disruptions and maintaining coherence to KPIs and information security requirements
- Consult with HL managers and business owners, seeking authorisation when required.
- Work closely with our Identify Access Management (IAM) team, to safeguard our IT systems and protect company and client data.
- Become specialists in key applications used at Hargreaves Lansdown, understanding how applications are used, who uses them and risks of incorrect access being provided
- Systematically interprets colleague requests and identifies solutions and possible side effects.
- Actively improve working practices and processes within the team
- Create and update Knowledge Base, Confluence, documentation;
- As a team, resolve approximately 60% of tickets within the hour and 83% within 24 hours.
- Experience of performing audited procedures
- Risk awareness: ability to determine and mitigate risk
- Experience of working in a professional office environment, particularly financial services and/or IT
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Good understanding of IT hardware
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Operating Systems
- General understanding of ITIL Principles
- Use of and understanding of IT Tools, for example Active Directory, Azure AD, Exchange.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme – up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.