At Hargreaves Lansdown, our Linux and UNIX based systems are the backbone of our mission critical client facing infrastructure. Due to the increasing demands we are now looking to increase the size of the team.
A key part of this role involves delivering change to the business using a continuous improvement workflow, this is achieved using configuration management tools to configure new component and change existing infrastructure and therefore candidates with an interest in coding will have an advantage.
This role is suited to an individual who enjoys owning a problem but working with other teams to resolve it. As well as providing day to day support during normal business hours you will be expected to take part in our on-call rota.
The role will initially be supporting a new long term project within Hargreaves Lansdown to replace our CMS system. This will include implementing the required infrastructure to ensure smooth delivery of the project over a 2-3 year period. It will also include working with 3rd party cloud providers in implementing the quality assurance and live systems whilst providing the development and test systems on site.You will help lead the design and implement a migration plan to move our current CMS and internal sites to the new solution with limited downtime for clients.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Systems infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
- Troubleshooting complex problems finding root causes and putting long term fixes in place.
- Providing technical assistance to other teams
- Implementation of system changes
- Operating system patching and maintenance
- Increase efficiency within the team through automation and process improvement.
- Working with architecture and project management teams to help design and deliver change to the business in relation to your area.
- Taking ownership for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Creating and owning technical roadmaps.
- Responding to and resolving complex incidents and problem tickets.
- Creating documentation standards to be adopted by the team
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Communicating with all levels of the business to help present new ideas and provide recommendations for new technologies.
- Expert in Linux Administration (Centos or Redhat)
- Configuration management systems (puppet and or chef)
- Solid understanding of virtualisation technologies e.g. VMware
- System monitoring (e.g. Opsview / Nagios)
- Solid understanding of networking e.g. DHCP/DNS/NTP/TCP
- Apache HTTPD
- Strong programming and scripting skills (bash, python, puppet)
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Ability to prioritise tickets and projects.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Unix Systems across all tiers, under minimal supervision
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme – up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.