Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are leading the world in supercomputing technology. Our customers are focused on making the world better, healthier, and brighter, and we are making that possible.
As the most critical team in our R&D organization, we are responsible for our core and new product development. We are seeking a motivated and skilled Software Engineer on our High-Performance Networking Data-Plane team. The ideal candidates will have strong technical and interpersonal skills, a deep set of hands-on experience with large scale networks, public and private cloud platforms, a passion for innovating, integrating and developing the distributed and large-scale network fabric, and an interest in the world of HPC.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Senior Network Software Engineer – Driver Firmware to join us!
How you’ll make your mark:
- Influence our strategic direction of our network architecture
- Implement critical functionality and capabilities in the switch and fabric data-plane – including fabric monitoring, configuration, resiliency, network services, and low-level driver and SDK libraries to support for these functions
- Develop/implement per requirements with high-performance, resiliency and scalability as the primary considerations
- Participate in Agile and Scrum engineering practices
- Contribute learnings to the larger community via written guidance and presentations
- Contribute to the broader HPE/Cray R&D leadership community
- 8+ years of experience in software development preferably on large-scale, distributed systems
- 5+ years of development experience in networking is a plus
- Customer-focused (both internal and external to the company)
- Ability to work well in a cooperative development environment, both within and across teams
- Commitment to sound software engineering principles and full Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in building and maintaining/supporting RESTful API platforms
- Linux software development expertise, with proven ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Ability to work in a variety of languages such as C, C++, Java, Go and Python on Linux environments
- Experience with multi-layer driver and firmware development including Kernel-mode development, network device drivers, user-space daemons, Linux interfaces
- Experience with User-mode RPC (e.g. Jni, pipes, message passing, message queues and distributed notifications)
- Proven experience with multi-threaded and/or multi-core programming, non-blocking I/O, lockless programming
- Strong experience with virtualized network protocols – including NFV, SDN, and VXLAN
- Experience with open industry virtualized networks including OpenVSwitch and OpenDaylight
- Experience with distributed network configuration, large scale addressing and routing
- Experience using network protocols such as Ethernet, LLDP, LACP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VLAN, etc.
- Knowledge of operating system architecture, networking and file systems is highly desirable
- Experience in troubleshooting skills from Networking Layer 2 through Layer 7 is a plus
- Experience in network performance, network protocols and network drivers
- Experience in Network infrastructure management/automation, or systems management
- Experience in Agile Development, including defining epics, features, user stories, tasks and participating in Agile/Scrum practices
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status