As Senior Infrastructure Technical Engineer, you will be instrumental in providing technical leadership and support to the Infrastructure Team and wider business functions. Assisting the team to provide a secure, resilient and highly available infrastructure platform services.
The infrastructure platform services are the digital enablers for Confused.com staff and 3rd party partners to provide our customers with the ability to make informed choices around FinTech services and offerings.
- Support of on prem and Microsoft Azure Cloud hosted hardware and software services.
- Timely resolution of 3rd line service requests and incidents using support desk ticketing system.
- Creating and maintaining technical processes and procedures.
- Mentor and support the Infrastructure team members on technical support and innovation.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Displays ownership, proactivity, autonomy and self-reliance within the technical environment.
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude and promotes this across the team.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with latest technology platforms and solutions.
- In depth knowledge of technology solutions, trends and techniques with a clear understanding of what future technology can mean for business
- Recognised as an expert in their technical field.
- Query, question and challenge pre-existing ideals and the status quo, ignore the assumption that traditional approaches are optimal and suggest better alternatives.
- Experience of working in a cross-functional environment
- Clear, concise and logical communication style suitable for all levels of the organisation
- Strong planning, decision-making and organisation skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and judge complex situations through prioritisation and pragmatic approaches. Knows when to escalate and communicate issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related experience highly desirable but not essential.
- Certification in technology areas of server, SAN, Active Directory or Azure.
You will use the following technologies in this role, so previous experience in these is essential:
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell
- Advanced experience of administering Azure, Azure AD, Conditional Access & Cloud App Security
Experience required in some of the following technologies:
- Administering O365, Exchange Online, OneDrive & SharePoint
- Automation of infrastructure platforms
- Intune/Configuration Manager
- Hyper-V & VMM administration
- Active Directory / Group Policy administration
- ISCIS SAN management
As the first ever price comparison site in the UK, we’ve been trailblazers in the industry and in the technology sector since we began. Yet our success is built on more than tech. We’ve developed a strong and vibrant culture, where people who enjoy doing what they do are constantly finding ways to do it even better. Our passion, our honest and open approach and our focus on collaboration mean that we were recently named the fourth best large marketing place to work by Campaign. So, come and join us! We look forward to your application.
Some of our benefits
- Discretionary cash bonus based on personal and business performance
- 28 days holiday, plus extra time for good health
- Group pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Group Life Assurance
- Free gym membership
- Free fresh fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Staff discounts scheme
- Discounted insurance offers
- Discounted health care schemes
If you think this role is for you and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form and attach your CV. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email and from agencies