Excited to grow your career?
Our mission is to ‘help people save and invest with confidence’. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
JOB TITLE: Senior DevOps Engineer
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PATH: Managing or Being an Expert
Reporting to: I.T Operations Manager
At Hargreaves Lansdown, our Linux and UNIX based systems are the backbone of our mission critical client facing infrastructure. Due to the increasing demands we are now looking to increase the size of the team and introduce a new DevOps engineer role.
You will be working to automate manual processes and enabling our software development teams to work autonomously without increasing our risk profile. You will also be key to driving continuous improvement in our workflows.
Shift-left, automation, and the development of self-service are the key to the success of this role.
The role will also see the implementation of new technologies within HL to help achieve these aims.
- Working autonomously to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Providing technical assistance to other teams within HL
- Designing future proof systems which help Increase efficiency within HL through automation and process improvement
- Creating and owning technical roadmaps
- Completing life cycle management of solutions throughout the change cycle
- Creating documentation standards to be adopted by the team
- Providing coaching to all members of the UNIX team to help further knowledge
- Communicating with all levels of the business to help present new ideas and provide recommendations for new technologies
- Building the required tooling to help deliver a DevOps based culture
- Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Educated to AS / A level (or equivalent)
- Degree educated in an IT related discipline
- Red Hat certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Expert in Linux Administration (Centos or RedHat)
- Expert in DevOp methodologies and the tools which support them e.g. git, puppet, etc
- Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Use of AWS or other relevant cloud platforms.
- Terraform/ Cloud Formation
- Expert in programming and scripting skills (bash, python, puppet)
- Technical design of infrastructure systems
- 10 years’ experience as a system administrator working on Linux or UNIX based systems.
- Experience of working in a zero downtime environment
- Ability to take technical lead on projects with multiple engineers assigned
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Unix Systems across all tiers, under minimal supervision
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage your own workload
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Ability to prioritise tickets and projects.
- Mentoring of team members
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme – up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.