Within the Senior Back-End Drupal Developer role at Investis Digital, you will be responsible for planning, building, and supporting websites for our high-profile clients. You’ll work alongside other developers within our team to help identify requirements and plan technical solutions.
You will often take the lead-approach on projects and will be responsible for overseeing and guiding less experienced team members working alongside you.
You’ll be involved in a variety of projects, each with challenges and problems to be resolved. The team you join is a friendly, supportive, and talented team with diverse experience working with decoupled or ‘headless’ technology stacks, eCommerce platforms, complex integrations and more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing complex custom back-end functionality for our clients’ Drupal websites
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify requirements and devise effective technical solutions
- Creating documentation which captures the technical approach and solution, as part of comprehensive project planning
- Liaising with internal and external technical teams
- Participating in the code review process
- Taking full ownership of live releases and supporting less experienced developers in the release process
- Mentoring and training junior and mid-level developers within the team
- Regularly communicating progress with other members of the team through daily stand-ups, and communication tools such as Microsoft Teams and Jira
- Helping to improve our development methods and practices demonstrating a commitment to quality
- Attend weekly development team meetings and participate in lightning talks where you will be able to both learn and contribute
- Keeping up to date with the latest development trends and exploring new technologies
As Senior Back-End Drupal Developer from time to time, you’ll also:
- Contribute to website audits, providing clients with a thorough analysis of their website’s user interface, custom functionality and back-end architecture including recommendations to reduce technical risk and improve efficiency
- Engage with the Drupal.org open-source community and contribute patches where appropriate
- Participate in Drupal contribution sprint days organised by our team
- Optionally participate in coding ‘hack’ nights
All applicants should possess:
- A proven track record of delivering websites using Drupal 8/9
- Experience in a senior or leadership role within a development team
- An excellent working knowledge of OO PHP
- Previous experience of working as a back-end developer delivering functionality such as APIs, custom modules, and custom integrations
- Experience debugging complex issues using XDebug (or similar)
- An excellent working knowledge of Git version control system and the ability to explain branching and workflow concepts
- Experience of working within a busy development or agency environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to understand and clearly explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A comprehensive understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Commitment to creating clear documentation and understanding its importance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A friendly personality with strong interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn new skills and progress within the team
When you work from our Bristol office, the following benefits are available to you:
- 25 holiday days per year (this increases with your length of service, with the option to utilise our holiday trade scheme)
- Health cash plan
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Paid charity day
- Regular social activities (virtual for now!) and contributions to cultural and sporting events
- A well-stocked supply of free drinks and snacks (when we can work from the office)
Remote and Flexible Working
We recognize this may feel like a strange time to apply for a new role and join a new company. The health, safety and comfort of our people is our number one priority, and we’re doing everything we can to meet the needs of our employees—from maintaining frequent communication while working from home to ensuring our in-office coffee machines are completely hands-free.
As a team, we communicate regularly through Teams calls and chats to keep camaraderie and spirits high. We also have weekly stand ups, monthly town halls and regular social events (online or in person with safety measures in place, depending on the current government guidelines).
Whilst our head office is in London, the majority of our developer roles are based in Bristol. We have a flexible attitude to remote working and are happy to discuss this during the interview stage, so please feel free to ask any questions.
How to apply
Please click on here to apply and include your CV with a cover letter and your salary expectations.
We will do our best to respond to all applications individually but due to the number of applications we receive if you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.
Thank you for your interest in working for Investis Digital.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please.