Excited to grow your career?
Our mission is to ‘help people save and invest with confidence’. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PATH: Specialising
REPORTING TO: Quality Assurance Manager
Hargreaves Lansdown, a leading FTSE 100 FinTech company, is undergoing an Agile transformation. Information Technology has underpinned Hargreaves Lansdown’s success, and will play an increasingly important role in HL’s future strategy and growth as the company continues its digital journey. As part of this journey, we are increasing the use of APIs across our platform.
We are therefore looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst with a proven track record in software delivery, who enjoys working with a variety of technologies and people, and wishes to further their career by helping us achieve HL’s strategy, specialising in API Test Automation.
What we can offer you:
- A highly skilled, diverse and committed team
- Working across our extensive and varied project portfolio
- The opportunity to play a significant role in the way projects are delivered
- An excellent flexible benefits package and competitive pension
- Our commitment to help team members progress their careers through training, mentoring and internal opportunities
- Access to employee resource communities and to volunteer with several Bristol-based organisations
- The opportunity to develop soft skills like interviewing and training others
- Work with other QA managers and leads to define the appropriate testing approach for a project or team
- Design and write automated test scripts using Java, using RestAssured, Karate, Soap UI or equivalent tools
- Guide and mentor other QA Analysts with varying automation skills
- Promote good testing practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Carry out code reviews
- Drive and support improvements to processes, tools and automation standards
- Work with developers and QA Analysts to ensure a high level of automated test coverage across the SDLC
- Report defects clearly and concisely and managing these through to resolution with relevant stakeholders
- Participate in planning, estimation, retrospective, stand-ups, and any project meetings, as required
- Attend and organise knowledge share sessions
- Experience with Java or another object oriented programming language, SQL and API test automation are essential for this role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are also required
- You will need to manage your own time effectively and collaborate with a diverse group of professionals
- Familiarity with CI/CD principals and tools would be desirable
- Experience in UI automation, AWS and Atlassian tools are a plus, as is working in Agile teams
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme – up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates