- We’re an optimistic, motivated and friendly bunch on the lookout for like-minded people.
- Be part of a high performing team with a supportive culture.
- We love a challenge and are quick to adapt
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, measure and benchmark the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organizations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 100 employees in our Bristol HQ and announced funding of more than $45 million. Our technology is already helping over 100 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Grant Thornton, Sophos and the NHS, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for developing a truly groundbreaking product. If you want to have a large impact and contribute more than just your time, as at Immersive Labs, we value determination, ingenuity, collaboration and an understanding that unique products require unique technical solutions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable and reliable codebase
- Maintaining good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase by performing unit tests and integration tests
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in back-end code, and devise solutions to these problems to minimise customer impact
- Translate technical language/concepts for non-technical individuals written and orally
- Be actively involved in daily scrums, 2-week sprints and retros working closely with product and discipline teams
To be successful:
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RESTful APIs, object-oriented design and AWS
- Demonstrable, and up to date knowledge of the Ruby language, Rspec, RoR, MySQL and object-oriented programming principles
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system and create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of Git and familiarity with CI setups
What Immersive Labs offer:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, travel insurance, and more.
- 10% time to focus on things you want to learn about & develop
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times,
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and travel insurance.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/careers/
Level up cyber workforces around the world, apply now.