About the role
As a team leader you will work with the Head of Development and advise on how to best approach the delivery of objectives, whilst keeping them informed of progress and any blockers. Working with a diverse set of specialists spanning multiple disciplines, your knowledge, skill, and diligence will help bridge multiple roles.
As the team leader you will:
- Build on your technical understanding of our systems and assist non-technical colleagues on issues and opportunities
- Promote and encourage collective ownership of software delivery
- Help shape the technical development objectives and career paths for direct reports.
- Ensure Test Analysts are able to perform all related tasks while giving clear guidance on career progression and achievable SMART objectives that will enhance their skill sets while providing real business value to Confused.com
Your preference will be to work on an Agile/Lean basis (ideally with experience of both Scrum and Kanban working methologies). You will ensure that productivity is maximised while maintaining stringent quality standards. You will have complete autonomy to adjust processes as required.
We see personality and personal character traits as the key to success. The attributes within you that we want to cultivate include:
- Enjoys autonomy. Thrives on independent work with limited oversight
- Has experience in developing junior members of staff to realise their full potential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain critical thinking while balancing multiple tasks
- Excellent organisation skills
- A proven history testing web applications, internal services as part of a SOA architecture, 3rd party APIs and data quality of internal applications and MI systems (Rest or WCF)
- Comprehensive recent experience using Microsoft systems (TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps for work item management, creation and execution of test plans and test suites)
- Working knowledge of Selenium, Specflow, Browser Stack & Postman
- Experienced of BDD
- Delivers consistent decisions and results
- Quality-focused and takes pride in your work
As the first ever price comparison site in the UK, we’ve been trailblazers in the industry and in the technology sector since we began. Yet our success is built on more than tech. We’ve developed a strong and vibrant culture, where people who enjoy doing what they do are constantly finding ways to do it even better. Our passion, our honest and open approach and our focus on collaboration mean that we were recently named the fourth best large marketing place to work by Campaign. So come and join us! We look forward to your application.
Some of our benefits include:
- Discretionary cash bonus based on personal and business performance
- Free share scheme where you receive £3,600 worth of shares every year
- 31 days’ holiday including bank holidays, plus extra time for good health
- Group pension scheme
- Opportunity for flexible working patterns, including working remotely
- Group Life Assurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Staff discounts scheme
- Discounted insurance offers
- Discounted healthcare scheme
Think you’ve got what it takes? Complete the application form and send us your CV.