Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued. We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, measure and benchmark the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organizations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
James Hadley founded Immersive Labs in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 100 employees in our Bristol HQ and have recently announced series B funding of $40 million, led by Summit Partners and Goldman Sachs. Our technology is already helping over 100 enterprises, including KPMG, Grant Thornton, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We’re looking for a QA Engineer based in our Bristol HQ. You’ll be joining a QA team ensuring our web application and content is fully tested through manual testing. You’ll actively be a member of sprints and help the content team and developers understand the high-quality standards to ensure a quality product is produced for clients and users.
Your main responsibilities:
- Investigate and design/build solutions to any potential quality weak spots across the platform/development workflow.
- Perform manual testing to ensure that work items meet the acceptance criteria you help define.
- Identify when features do not meet expected behaviour and explaining your observation to the team, including developers, business analysts, content and other QA’s.
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies: daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review & retrospective and backlog refinement meetings.
- Work with content to help them understand quality standards
- Ensure the team is adhering to their definition of done and not being afraid to call it out.
To be successful:
- Understanding of QA principles, tools and techniques including testing concepts, methodologies and process.
- Good understanding of agile development practice
- Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude while under pressure, with the ability to organise and prioritise responsibilities
- Interpersonal skills and be able to work in partnership with other people.
What Immersive Labs offers:
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask-making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, travel insurance, and more.
- Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and travel insurance.