This role is for a motivated Project Manager, who will be based in our UK HQ, to work collaboratively with Engineering and Product teams to lead on exciting projects using our sophisticated 3D hand-tracking and mid-air haptic technology across a range of applications including virtual reality, 3D gesture interfaces and advanced automotive controls. This individual should have a proven track record of project management across all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle.
- Driving projects using agile or hybrid development processes depending on project needs;
- Working closely with customers, suppliers and/or internal teams to define and maintain project scope through development life cycle;
- Delivering projects on time, on budget and to spec;
- Creating and maintaining project plans and project budgets, anticipating potential threats to the project and working with stakeholders to propose solutions;
- Being a source of motivation and encouragement to all project stakeholders;
- Accomplishing goals through the indirect authority of matrix management, delegating work packages and managing dependencies;
- Working across multiple teams ensuring project documentation is current and communicating to project stakeholders, Project Boards, customers and senior management;
- Working with team leads and scrum masters to develop best practices and processes in a quickly changing environment;
- Establishing, maintaining and improving project management processes.
Experience and Skill Set
- Autonomous with a strong focus on execution and delivery;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work around obstacles to get things done;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and issue tracking/collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, MS Project etc);
- A computer science, electronic engineering or other technical degree advantageous or equivalent project management experience in a similar industry;
- Experience of agile development methodologies;
- Experience acting as a scrum master and/or product owner an advantage;
- Experience of QA processes;
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience;
- Project management qualification such as APMG Agile or PRINCE2 an advantage;
- Experience in working across electronic engineering, firmware and software teams to deliver products and platforms an advantage.
- This position reports into the Programme Manager;
- Occasional international travel may be required