About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Are you an experienced people manager with a strong technical background in Desktop systems architecture, operations and cloud technologies? Do you enjoy mentoring and growing teams, helping them learn new technologies and different ways of working in order to improve their ability to deliver change to the organisation? You should have experience in IT service desk management and improving core IT services.
This individual will manage a small, talented desktop team within ForgeRock IT. This leader will be responsible for delivery of all aspects of desktop support and internal IT systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Technical Expert for IT Operations: As a highly skilled engineer, you are the technical lead for the team. You will leverage your expertise in designing and supporting the desktop infrastructure. You will be evaluating the latest hardware and software and working extensively with internal partners to deliver the environment the business requires. You will be working with InfoSec teams to ensure the very highest levels of security. You will monitor and resolve issues before they become incidents and plan for any upcoming business needs.
- Lead a Highly Performing Team: You will draw upon several years of expertise leading teams as you help the IT Operations team grow to deliver excellent customer service whilst maintaining a high level of job satisfaction and morale.
- Jamf, MDM: Leveraging your prior experience with similar projects, you will be starting out with Jamf. This opens up a huge opportunity to offer help and ease of use to our internal customers.
- Security & Policies: You will ensure that these are followed by your team and will use previous experience to help write new policies and processes that are needed for the ongoing push to ensure the most secure environment possible. ISO27001 experience would be very useful in mentoring the team to follow these standards.
- Have fun: Given all the stuff above – responsibility, getting things done during rapid change, solving hard problems – can you have fun? Yes! The systems engineering leader will embrace this challenge with a committed smile, with faith in the team, and with a light heart. They are a champion who motivates the team and makes both successes and failures positive.
- Have an impact on the entire company using your practical experience
- Flexible work schedule with daily team standups
- Learn and grow with us in a supportive environment
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits incl. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program that covers employees and family members for a variety of personal or work-related challenges
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and methods
- Experience in using automated metrics to measure technology and process effectiveness and consistency
- Demonstrable experience in leading a distributed, customer-focused, efficient and effective system engineering function for medium to large global enterprises
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to plan for the future in order to avoid/eliminate issues
- Demonstrated experience in assessing talent, handling performance and making tough decisions
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.