Are you an experienced technical lead looking to create positive impact, both at work and through your work?
We are looking for a bright, energetic, and experienced Head of Engineering who is ready to lead the development of our ground-breaking products and the expansion of the technical team.
Esoterix Systems is a specialist intelligent mobility technology provider. Our multi-disciplinary team has made it our mission to harness technical possibilities to create solutions to some of the world’s most pressing transport problems. And we have an impressive track record of in-the-field trials and engagement with leading industry partners.
This is an exciting time to be joining us. We have secured long-term funding to bring our expertise and creativity to rail, the backbone of our future carbon-neutral transport network.
To match the demands of this diverse and challenging role, we are looking for:
– Experience – Your primary task is to design and develop an efficient, powerful, and scalable framework for our products. You will lead and grow a team with multiple specialisms, including data mining, machine learning and mathematical optimisation.
– Leadership – You will be a key member of the management team, reporting directly to the CEO and contributing to the company’s technology strategy as we grow.
– Flexibility – You will understand the need to build long-term technical value while also being ready to trial new ideas through rapid iteration.
– Commitment – Whilst we are still relatively small, we also expect you to roll up your sleeves and dig in to get the job done on time, including the coding and testing of user stories.
– Enthusiasm – Most of all, you will be a technology enthusiast, proactively engaging with the breadth and depth of the functionality on offer now and in the future, and on how we can best utilise it.
Required skills & experience:
– 2 years as a Technical Architect/Lead or 3 years as a Senior Developer with the ambition, confidence and ability to step up
– Track record of architecting and deploying scalable and secure cloud services
– Microservice architecture and platform experience (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
– Rapid assessment of the pros and cons of new technologies
– Technical team skill assessment
– Leading or identifying training
– Familiarity with C# .NET (we use .NET Core)
Better still if you have experience with:
– Microsoft Azure
– Working within start-ups
– Agile process technology, e.g. CICD
– Data analytics and/or machine learning
– Graph technologies
This is a permanent role. Esoterix offer a competitive salary, a creative environment, flexible working, professional development support – and we’re also still just about small enough to offer share options.
Get in touch: If you can deliver on what’s needed now with an eye on what comes next, we want to hear from you. Send an email explaining why you think you might be right for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org, and attaching your CV.