Full-Stack Team Lead
Ghyston is an award-winning UK software development company based in central Bristol.
We are a team of passionate software development experts who love working really closely with our clients to create beautifully crafted software, such as stylish mobile apps, highly functional websites and complex ERP systems.
We are incredibly proud of our company culture at Ghyston. We place a huge emphasis on staff welfare, happiness, professional development and fulfilment. We benefit from a flat and open structure, creating an inclusive working environment where all employees feel their voices can be heard.
Who do we need for a full-stack team lead?
A highly motivated and accomplished development team leader who is passionate about and keen to work at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and a demonstrable track record of working closely with external customers as well as internal stakeholders at all levels
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server, including experience working with production databases
- A proven ability to quickly learn and use new languages and technologies
- Ability to diagnose live issues with limited information – you should have a good instinct for figuring out what has gone wrong and how to fix it
- Experience coaching and leading other developers with varying levels of experience
- The desire to proactively and positively challenge the status quo and search for continual improvements to processes and ways of working
What will you be doing as a full-stack team lead?
You will be leading a team of developers in our support team, supporting a number of different client software systems, resolving live issues and developing new features.
- Managing our relationship with a small number of customers, ensuring our service and communication to them is excellent.
- Handling domain complexity across a variety of scenarios, from manufacturing to property management
- Triaging and resolving live issues as 3rd line support, implementing code and data fixes as appropriate
- Overseeing your team and delegating tickets to them when appropriate
- Working closely with customers to gather requirements, estimate, and implement new functionality
- Collaborating with the sales team to create proposals that demonstrate value to clients
- Occasionally heading up, and working on, small standalone development projects for our support customers
What do you get?
- A basic salary of £42,300 – £49,100 depending on experience
- A 9% non-contributory pension and profit share scheme
- Flexible approach to hybrid working
- A tight-knit team with an emphasis on employee happiness and growth
- Dedicated time for professional learning and development
- A highly relaxed, friendly work environment, with a fully stocked drinks fridge and a plentiful snack selection
- A large chillout room featuring a pool table, and a cinema/Nintendo Switch room
- A full programme of funded social activities both during and outside office hours, including:
- Annual funded company holiday to a European city
- A busy social calendar, including regular pub trips, activities such as go-karting, boat trips, cooking classes, wine tasting and more
- Annual summer party, Christmas lunch and dinner
- Highly effective, motivated, and supportive team members
At Ghyston we really value diversity, and we make a concerted effort to judge each applicant on their individual strengths and the positive attributes they can bring to the company. If you’d like to find out more about us or check any of these requirements before applying, please do get in touch. We’re happy to deal with any queries before and during your application process.