Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive culture.
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, measure and benchmark the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organizations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
James Hadley founded Immersive Labs in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 100 employees in our Bristol HQ and have recently announced series B funding of $40 million, led by Summit Partners and Goldman Sachs. Our technology is already helping over 100 enterprises, including KPMG, Grant Thornton, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team building a ground-breaking product. We are looking for developers who can contribute more than just commits – we value determination, ingenuity and collaboration. Unique products require unique technical solutions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable and reliable codebase
- Maintaining good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Performing unit tests and integration tests
- Translate technical language/concepts for non-technical individuals
To be successful:
- Knowledge of writing unit and integration tests, preferable React Testing Library, to ensure a robust platform. Experience of TDD will be an advantage
- Experience integrating with third party APIs
- Experience of devising quick solutions to bugs in front-end code to minimise customer impact
- Knowledge of writing unit and integration tests to ensure a robust platform. Experience of TDD will be an advantage
- Knowledge of best practice when working in a large, scalable front-end codebase
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with CI setups
- Ability to interpret a design and follow through with your own implementation, suggestions, and ability to spot potential technical pain points
- High level understanding of CSS/SASS, ideally using styled-components
- Understanding of semantic HMTL
- Experience integrating a complex front-end codebase into a back-end API. Experience integrating with Ruby will be an advantage
- Solid written and oral English communication skills
What Immersive Labs offers:
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, part-time
- Relocation assistance for you and your family to Bristol (voted one of the best places to live in the UK)
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, travel insurance, and more.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and travel insurance.