Are you an experienced Data specialist looking to create positive impact, both at work and through your work? If you are excited by the opportunity to develop functionality which improves the operation of UK rail networks and has global potential, read on.
Esoterix Systems is a specialist intelligent mobility technology provider. Our multi-disciplinary team has made it our mission to harness technical possibilities for solutions to some of the world’s most pressing transport problems.
And we have an impressive track record of in-the-field trials and engagement from major industry partners.
This is an exciting time to be joining us. We have secured long-term funding to bring our expertise and creativity to rail, the backbone of our future carbon-neutral transport network.
Combining analysis of both human behaviour and transport network optimisation, this role will fundamental to the value we bring to our clients.
To match the demands of this diverse and challenging role, we are looking for:
– Experience – Your primary task is to lead our approach to data collection, storage and analysis. The scope will range from the design and analysis of simulations, through the mining of behavioural insights from real-world transport trials, to the collation of evidence to support socially beneficial travel initiatives.
– Leadership – You will be our first dedicated Data Analyst. We will look you to advise on and implement the most suitable methodologies and technologies.
– Flexibility – You have experience of turning complex data into usable information for business decisions and for integration into software services. Your ability to work with a technical team to design and implement software algorithms will be critical.
– Curiosity – You will stay abreast of the latest developments in your field and skill up where necessary (and with our support) to better meet the company’s needs.
Required skills & experience:
– 3+ years of experience in advanced data analysis, including profiling
– Experience of developing software for data analysis, e.g. using C++, Python or Go
– Experience of implementing machine learning
– Degree-level statistical analysis knowledge
– Ability to perform categorical and stochastic analysis on unformatted data
– Demonstrable interest in extracting new meaning from large data sets
– Demonstratable knowledge of the latest data mining tools & techniques
Better still if you have experience with:
– Working in start-ups
– Behaviour profiling and behaviour change profiling
– Novel database structures and their potential benefits, e.g. graph
Benefits: This is a permanent role. Esoterix offer a competitive salary, a creative environment, flexible working, professional development support – and we’re also still just about small enough to offer share options.
Get in touch: If you can deliver on what’s needed now with an eye on what comes next, we want to hear from you. Send an email explaining why you think you might be right for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org, and attaching your CV.