Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 150 employees in our Bristol and Boston offices and have announced funding of more than $45 million.
Our technology is already helping over 150 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Immersive Labs has grown quickly fueled by demand for our cybersecurity training platform. We are now looking for Cyber Security Engineers to join the Cyber Content team in Bristol to help organisations globally build and improve cyber skills.
As a Content Engineer you will create theory and online learning content for labs on our award-winning platform, these will focus on IT/Computing and Cyber. Ideally will have a background in cyber security, with experience of working as a cyber security instructor, SOC or CIRT analyst, cyber security researcher or penetration tester.
Essentially if you have a passion for cyber security and love teaching others we want to hear from you.
- Plan, write and improve cyber security labs, challenges and games on our platform
- Support various events such as Capture the Flag and Hackathons
- Produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods; written, exercises, questions & gamification
- Write technical content in simple, non-technical language using learning objectives to achieve understanding
- Test cyber security labs to ensure they function as expected
What do I need to apply?
- Experience and passion for cyber security within a SOC, CIRT, researcher, penetration tester role
- Have a strong technical understanding of networking, computing and cyber security
- Experience of writing theory and online learning content about IT/Computing and Cyber
- Passion for teaching a wide range of technical and non-technical users cyber security
- Ability to use examples and analogies to simplify complex subjects
- Familiar with Linux and Docker would be beneficial
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Why would I join?
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, part-time, job share.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- We are all remote currently but when we do visit the office getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.