Get on board with the fastest-growing cyber security company in the UK.
We’re a game-changing team building a game-changing platform
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, measure and benchmark the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organizations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
James Hadley founded Immersive Labs in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 100 employees in our Bristol HQ and have recently announced series B funding of $40 million, led by Summit Partners and Goldman Sachs. Our technology is already helping over 100 enterprises, including KPMG, Grant Thornton, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
The role will involve writing theory and online learning content for labs on our game-changing platform, these will focus on IT/Computing and Cyber. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cyber security, ideally with experience of working as a cyber security instructor, SOC or CIRT analyst, cyber security researcher or penetration tester.
Your main responsibilities:
- To plan, write and improve cyber security labs and challenges on our platform
- Support various events such as Capture the Flag
- Produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods; written, exercises, questions, gamification
- Test cyber security labs to ensure they function as expected
To be successful:
- To have extensive experience in cyber security within an instructor/ SOC, CIRT, researcher, penetration tester role
- Have a strong technical understanding of networking, computing and cyber security
- Experience of writing theory and online learning content about IT/Computing and Cyber
- Be able to write technical content in simple, non-technical language
- Be able to use learning objectives to achieve understanding
- Ability to produce content utilising various teaching methods
- Experience of teaching a wide range of technical and non-technical users cyber security
- Have the ability to use examples and analogies to simplify complex subjects
- Familiar with Linux and Docker would be beneficial
- Ability to work well as part of a team
What Immersive Labs offers:
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times, part-time
- Relocation assistance for you and your family to Bristol (voted one of the best places to live in the UK)
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, travel insurance, and more.
- Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and travel insurance.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/careers/