Hargreaves Lansdown is the UK’s largest and most successful investment supermarket for private investors. For more than 35 years, we have helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments. Today we are trusted with more than £100 billion by over 1.5 million clients.
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the IT Department at Hargreaves Lansdown. We are looking for an experienced leader to join the team as Cyber Defence Manager.
On a day to day basis the role will be responsible for:
- Protecting the company from internal and external cyber threats.
- Coordinate threat detection, and incident response activities for the HL group.
- Owning the cyber defence strategy and delivery roadmap.
- Continue to develop processes to strengthen the current security operations framework
- Contribute to the overarching security strategy.
- Work across technology teams to evolve and improve the security control environment.
- Advise on the choice and deployment of different security technologies.
- Leading and managing the cyber defence teams – SOC, CTI, and Vulnerability Management
- Collaborate with the wider security and technology teams on security policy and standards.
- Creation of MI for management.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion and background in cyber security and security risk mitigation and management. They will have strong leadership and communication skills and be able to work with different stakeholders across the company. This is a high-profile role within the HL Security community, and has direct access to the CISO, and CIO on a regular basis.
- At least 5 years within a cyber-security role
- Experience in leading / managing a high performing security team
- Experience working alongside IT and Information Security Teams
- Previous experience in Cyber Security management
- Professional security qualifications i.e. one or more of CISSP GIAC (GCIH GCIA GREM), CEH, CCSP or equivalent.
- Knowledge of IT general principles and technology.
- Similar managerial and or security role within IT Security.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques,
- Threat vectors, risk & incident management
- Knowledge of applications, databases, web servers to address security threats
- Strong Communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Communicating and presenting technical content to non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight time frames
- Incident & Risk Management
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme – up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.