Groupon is on the lookout for someone who is going to start fast. If you’re commercially aware and have a talent for producing engaging content, this could be for you.
You’ll have a versatile writing style, with previous experience of writing online and on a variety of subjects. Knowledge of SEO and the affiliate marketing sector would be helpful but is not essential; if it sounds like your cup of tea, get in touch.
This is a high energy role that calls for great organisation skills, attention to detail and a proactive attitude. You’ll be expected to work closely with key stakeholders to understand the needs of the business, and with all teams to ensure that the copy demands are met across the entire Groupon Reach Network. It’s key to take a creative yet conceptual approach to a range of copywriting demands, in addition to confidently communicating with and delegating to team members.
- An excellent understanding of the copywriting craft with experience of writing across a variety of digital platforms
- An eagle eye for attention to detail and an adaptable writing style
- Excellent proofreading skills and a no-nonsense approach to spelling and grammar
- Proficient research skills + knowledge of SEO tools
- Great brand awareness and knowledge of affiliate marketing
- Highly organised with strong time management skills
- Proven ability to hit deadlines
- An enthusiastic and collaborative worker
- A confident communicator that is able to inspire team members
Duties will include:
- Working with the SEO team to optimise content across different domains
- Developing a thorough understanding of the affiliate marketing space
- Optimising web copy and tending to additional copywriting requests across the business
- Collaborating with local and international teams
- Overseeing internal business processes
- Line management of permanent members and assisting with the recruitment of staff
- Updating direct line managers and external parties on project progression, highlighting successes, forecasting completion dates and problem solving when needed
- Maintaining a flow of ideas for blog titles, advertorials and marketing campaigns
- Creating new style guides and updating any existing training notes in tandem with template changes and/or different page needs
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- 3+ years working with words in a digital writing or journalistic role
- SEO awareness
- English/Writing/Digital Marketing related degree
- Strong Excel skills, ability to work in Word, Google Docs and using a CMS editor.
- Photography/image manipulation
- Experience of working with brands in the affiliate marketing and/or voucher sector
- Additional language skills/experience working across multilingual networks