You want to be part of an organisation that isn’t just about the bottom line. You want development, support and benefits to build your career on. And you want the kind of challenges that will stretch and test you. That’s us.
We’re serious about making technology faster and simpler for our 15 million members. And backed by a multi-billion tech investment, we’re hiring people with the talent and drive to help us succeed.
Content Design Manager
• Swindon/Bristol (Split site)
• Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced Content Design Manager to join our growing Service & Experience Design team. We’ll need you to be infectiously passionate about content, UX, insight and all things digital. And your people skills are super important too.
You’ll be in good company with a Service & Experience Design team who are taking the lead in defining and creating exceptional member-focused experiences across Nationwide. We’re building a best-in-class design and research capability to deepen our understanding of our members’ ever-changing needs, expectations and behaviour, and put design thinking at the heart of all that we do. It’s no small feat but we’re lucky enough to have a team of 60+ Content Designers, UI Designers, UX Designers, and Researchers working together to make it happen – not to mention in-house research facilities, great perks and a culture to be proud of.
To join the team as Content Design Manager, you’ll need:
• Significant experience of designing and iterating user-centred content as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
• An impressive portfolio, showing examples of content design/copywriting that meets audience’s needs and expectations (which you’ll be happy to talk us through).
• Great influencing and relationship building skills. You’ll be comfortable engaging stakeholders at all levels and coming up with creative ways to them on board, flying the flag for content design.
• An insightful approach and the ability to make evidence-based decisions and solve problems pragmatically. You’ll be able to demonstrate where you’ve used data and research to inform yourself and others and find the best way forward.
• Adaptability and a growth mindset. In a time of digital evolution, you’ll be comfortable adapting to new technologies, ways of working and learning constantly.
• A passion for readability, comprehension and accessibility.
• Experience of creating content strategies, conducting research and insight gathering activities.
• Experience of leading, mentoring and coaching team members and freelance content designers
• Ideally experience of agile ways of working and influencing change in a large organisation.
As a Content Design Manager, you could find yourself working on an exciting new proposition or leading content design for one of our digital channels. This might mean shaping a content strategy for one of our Agile Hubs or immersing yourself in insight to get to know our members better and create easy-to-understand, beautifully effective content. Research, analytics, insight, testing. You’ll be part of it all, defining user needs, wants and expectations then creating compelling narratives that put them first.
Whatever you’re working on, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be surrounded by like-minded design talents in a culture that champions design thinking, insight and user focus. A skilled mentor, you’ll share your knowledge and experience in ways that encourage your team and continually raise the quality bar. So, if you’re not shy of a challenge and feel as passionate about content, comprehension collaboration and solving problems as we do, this might be just the opportunity for you.