Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 150 employees in the UK & USA and announced funding of more than $45 million.
Our technology is already helping over 150 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos, NHS and Airbnb, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/company/careers
Due to our demand and our rapid growth we’re now looking for a Cloud Security Engineer with expertise in securing Azure environments to join the content engineering team. The Content team creates the labs on our platform and are crucial to the success of the business, As Cloud Security Engineer you will develop labs, games & challenges teaching all aspects of Cloud Security to improve the security posture of organisations globally.
As a Cloud Engineer you will work closely with the wider cybersecurity and engineering teams to develop and deliver cutting edge labs on Azure technologies.
If you have expertise in DevSecOps or Cloud Security we want to hear from you.
- Plan, write and improve cloud security labs, challenges and online learning content on the Immersive Labs platform.
- Produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods; practical exercises, questions & gamification
- Test Cloud Security labs to ensure they function as expected
- Work with the Engineering and Content teams on new projects/products and how best to deploy them
To be Successful:
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
- Proven track record of working in production-critical infrastructures and Cloud environments with a security focus
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Azure ecosystem including App Services, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, Azure Search, KeyVault
- Solid containerisation experience, specifically using Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with Serverless technologies
- Knowledgeable in network, firewall and security best practices
- Experience with infrastructure automation and deployment, specifically Terraform and Cloudformation
- Understanding of cloud monitoring tools
- Hands-on experience with software development, cloud infrastructure, IT services, networking, and security
- A commitment to scripting, particularly Python
- Experience working within an DevSecOps, Cloud security or SRE function, with a focus on availability, reliability and automation
What Immersive Labs offers:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, part-time, job share
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Everyone is remote currently but when we do visit the office getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan & cycle to work scheme.