As a business development executive, you’ll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
Your work will involve high volume sales and positioning in the appropriate markets, helping enhance the operation of the business, position and reputation as a leading provider of services.
As a small business unit, your work will often reach across all areas of the business and have a significant impact on the direction of the organisation.
- ⭐️ Generate organic opportunities through prospecting
- ⭐️ Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- ⭐️ Proactive account management of customer delivery & renewal
- ⭐️ Closely work with other internal business units to ensure opportunities are optimised
- ⭐️ Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- ⭐️ Present our company portfolio to potential clients
- ⭐️ Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- ⭐️ Customise product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- ⭐️ Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- ⭐️ Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- ⭐️ Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- ⭐️ Identify strategic commercial opportunities for growth
- ⭐️ Report to the management on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- ⭐️ Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- ⭐️ Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- ⭐️ Alternatively experience in a customer facing, target driven domain
- ⭐️ Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls, email etc)
- ⭐️ Track record of achieving target quotas
- ⭐️ Experience with CRM software (e.g. Hubspot)
- ⭐️ Understanding of sales performance metrics
- ⭐️ Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- ⭐️ Excellent account management skills
- ⭐️ Excellent relationship building skills
- ⭐️ Ability to deliver engaging presentations
Be Passionate. We love what we do and the impact we’re having. We want everyone to be the same!
- ⭐️ Stay Curious. We don’t believe in there being a wrong question. We want people to know why we do things and help us get better.
- ⭐️ Lead with Solutions. We love a solution though!
- ⭐️ Own the Result. We’ve all had something go wrong! Just accept it, own up and let’s see how we can move on!
- ⭐️ Do More. Do more than you’re supposed to. Take initiative. Everyone pitches in here and everyone gets the opportunity to shine.
We’re dedicated to strengthening the digital cluster in the West. We’re a not for profit organisation who help businesses, both large and small, to grow using our connections and knowledge. They engage with over 25,000 people every month in the South West highlighting the best of what’s happening and bringing people together. They work across key issues for the cluster including: