Hargreaves Lansdown, a leading FTSE 100 FinTech company, is undergoing an Agile transformation. Information Technology has underpinned Hargreaves Lansdown’s success, and will play an increasingly important role in HL’s future strategy and growth as the company continues its digital journey. HL runs its own IT and develops a significant proportion of its client facing services in house.
We are seeking an Automation Test Analyst who enjoys working with a variety of technologies and people, and wishes to further their career by helping us achieve HL’s strategy.
What we can offer you:
- A highly skilled, diverse and committed team
- Working across our extensive and varied project portfolio
- The opportunity to play a significant role in the way projects are delivered
- An excellent flexible benefits package and competitive pension
- Our commitment to help team members progress their careers through training, mentoring and internal opportunities
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
- Design and write automated test scripts using Java, Selenium Webdriver and RestAssured
- Collaborate with other Test Analysts with varying automation skills
- Promote good testing and test automation practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Carry out code reviews
- Support improvements to processes, tools and automation standards
- Report defects clearly and concisely and managing these through to resolution with relevant stakeholders
- Escalate issues as required
- Report results of testing undertaken
- Adhere to deadlines, prioritise work and provide progress reports
- Participate in planning, estimation, retrospective, stand-ups, and any project meetings, as required
- Attend and organise knowledge share sessions
Experience / skills:
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Java, Gherkin and SQL
- Desirable: Knowledge of Oracle databases, TestNG/JUNIT, Cucumber, Quantum or Spock
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, API testing, Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, X-Ray) and IntelliJ
- Desirable: Experience of mobile application testing and automation
- Desirable: Experience of codebase management with Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to present outputs in a clear and unambiguous manner
- Highly organised and methodical
- An enquiring mind with strong analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with changing requirements and priorities
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme – up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.