Applications will open on 1 February until 1 March, with 2 semi-finals set to determine the companies making it to the Showcase.
If you are a company currently seeking early stage investment it’s a fantastic way to establish yourselves within the regional network, perfect your investment pitch, market your business and of course, meet investors. So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Commenting on the 2020 Silicon Gorge competition, Konstantina Psoma, co-founder of deep tech startup Kaedim, tells us, "Silicon Gorge helped us grow our network and find people who have supported and advised us throughout our journey and I would recommend it to anyone who is currently starting out in the entrepreneurial space. It has offered us great opportunities for making valuable connections and getting feedback!"
Mihai Caleap from Calyo adds, "We had various investors approaching the company for more details (both directly after pitching and through direct introduction by the programme managers, one of which has now committed to investing (pending completion)."
Any investors interested in attending the final event can contact IAP@techspark.co. to find out more.
Here’s what you need to know and when it’s going to happen:
- 01/02/21 – Applications open for Silicon Gorge 2020: Spring Edition
- 01/03/21 – Applications close for Silicon Gorge 2020: Spring Edition
- 12/03/21 – Successful applicants will be notified.
- 23/03/21 – 1st Semi-final
- 24/03/21 – 2nd Semi-final
- 13/04/21 – Pitching Workshop for Showcasers
- 29/04/21 – Silicon Gorge Investor Showcase 2021: Spring Edition
What do you need to get ready to submit your application to Silicon Gorge 2021? it’s not charts and pitch decks, we just want you to tell us about yourselves. To determine our semi-finalists we’ll need:
- Your name, company and email – we’ll assume you already have these!
- A summary of what your company/product does – Maximum 200 words
- What problem you are solving – Maximum 100 words
- Why you/your product are unique – Maximum 100 words
- How big’s the market – Maximum 100 words
- How much you’re looking to raise
- Have you been helped by an incubator or accelerator – and which one?
- If you’re already generating revenue (congratulations!), the rough bracket you’re in
- Lastly, of course, what are you going to use investment for?
Silicon Gorge is one of the principal activities of the Investment Activator Programme, a 2 year pilot programme designed to stimulate investment within the South West UK.
Silicon Gorge is a part of the Investment Activator Progamme (IAP). The IAP is a pioneering collaboration between private and public sector organisations has been put together to help catalyse investment into fast-growing startups in Bristol, Bath and the West of England. Want support from the Investment Activator Programme – contact IAP@techspark.co.