The second class of startup companies in the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator programme has been announced. The programme, run by members of Oracle’s research and development team, provides mentoring from technical and business experts, state-of-the-art technology, a co-working space, access to Oracle customers, partners and investors, and free Oracle Cloud credits.
Selected from a competitive and diverse pool of applicants, the six startups in Bristol second cohort include:
1. Snap Tech is changing the way the world shops. Snap Tech offer world-class visual search tools for publishers, retailers and influencers in the fashion industry and beyond, leading consumers to exactly what they want to buy online through a blend of visual search, AI, and machine learning.
2. LettUs Grow: LettUs Grow design efficient irrigation and control technology for vertical farms. The aeroponic grow beds and farm management software help farmers achieve higher crop yields, reduce production costs and simplify their daily lives.
3. ELEM is a biomedical software technology company. Its technology is used to conduct medical trials “in silico” (replicating organs and physiological systems on Cloud-HPC) to test and improve medical devices and drug efficiency. It works with medical device companies, pharmaceuticals, CROs, biotechs and clinical groups.
4. We Build Bots has developed IntelAgent, an AI and analytics platform build for the contact centre. Working across web, messaging platforms, voice assistants and social, IntelAgent is changing the shape of customer service, and helping businesses save money, make money and delight customers.
5. Sauce is a cloud-based video collaboration platform that empowers businesses to create video content with their teams and community globally, via their smartphones. The Sauce platform helps make video production easy, affordable and authentic by providing a seamless way to gather video footage from a large number of people, collaboratively review that footage while it is stored in the cloud and edit using the Sauce in-app editor or third party software. Sauce is available as an iOS, Android and Web app.
6. Gapsquare is a leading provider of pay transparency and gender pay gap analysis. Gapsquare software provides insights into pay equity and reasons behind it and provides companies with data driven recommendations for change
“The startups in Bristol continue to raise the bar for global cloud innovation, and we are proud to welcome a select group of six to our second cohort,” said Reggie Bradford, senior vice president, Startup Ecosystem and Accelerator.
Zara Nanu (right) CEO of Gapsquare said “We couldn’t be more thrilled and excited to be part of Oracle’s second cohort alongside the amazing We Build Bots, LettUs Grow, Snap Tech, Sauce and ELEM. It comes as part of a theme of second cohorts after we were cohort number 2 for the Vodafone Institute Accelerator for Female Empowerment and in our second year at Sparkies won two awards.