Small to medium-sized businesses in Bristol and the West of England can apply for up to £3000 in Broadband Connection Vouchers until 31 March.
Using superfast broadband could enable fast, error-free video conferencing, improve customer experience by creating faster file-sharing and download speeds and future-proof your business.
Am I eligible?
Broadband connection Vouchers are available to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Your business is within an eligible area one of the 22 cities taking part in the scheme. Check your postcode to find out if you’re eligible
- You are an SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader
- Installation of your new broadband connection will cost over £100
- The connection is for your business premises. You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base, but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally
- You are willing to sign up to a minimum 6-month contract with your broadband supplier
- The broadband service you select delivers a speed or performance improvement on your current connection.
- There are some detailed requirements on speed that you should check before applying
- You have not received more than around £120,000 in grants in the last 3 years
The Broadband Connection Vouchers scheme comes as part of a larger Government initiative to stimulate private sector investment in high-speed internet.
The DCMS will be investing £530 million to stimulate commercial investment and bring high-speed broadband to rural communities reaching 90% of UK homes and businesses. Over 650 partners have registered with the scheme.