30 small businesses will descend on the Paintworks in Bristol on 23 October for The Pitch 2014 competition. It offers the chance to pitch to a live audience of judges, investors and supporters with the winner receiving a ‘business boosting’ prize package worth thousands!
The 30 finalists, which include Bristol-based Wriggle and Much Better Adventures, were shortlisted from 100s of applications after a selection process that has involved everything from video pitches to online campaigns and business bootcamps. So you can be sure the final 30 businesses mean… well… business.
The Pitch started out as part of the Bristol Design Festival in 2008 and was designed to allow local startups to pitch to a panel of successful entrepreneurs, putting them in a better position to receive investment and business support. Since then, it has expanded to support small businesses throughout the UK and has received recognition from the Global Entrepreneurship Week.
“The Pitch was able not only to give us great prizes, but its endorsement is invaluable.”
Arthur Kay, founder of Bio-Bean and last year’s winner of the competition, told The Pitch:
“The Pitch 2013 particularly appealed to us due to its focus on small businesses: these are often overlooked in other competitions. The Pitch was able not only to give us great prizes, but as it is one of the most prestigious small business competitions in the UK, its endorsement is invaluable.”
Catch the vibe of The Pitch by checking out this clip from last year’s final:
Why not attend the event and watch the pitches? The day will include food and refreshments as well as time to network with entrepreneurs and investors. In addition, attendees will:
- Hear from Bristol mayor, architect and entrepreneur George Ferguson
- Learn how Mark Pearson went from growing up on a council estate to selling an online business for £55m
- Get tips for raising investment from Bristol entrepreneur Andrew Mulvenna who recently secured £6m for his Bristol business, Brightpearl
- Listen to The Pitch 2014 judges Judith Bitterli, Karen Darby and Lara Morgan who have started and sold businesses for millions
- Attend free, expert led workshops on subjects including digital marketing, financial management and online branding
Tickets to attend the final are available now at £10 each! Get your ticket for The Pitch 2014.
Keep up to date with The Pitch by following them on Twitter at @The_Pitch